Installing ionCube loader
In most cases you may simply upload the IonCube loader files to your /ioncube/ folder within our applicaiton folder.
- Download the appropriate loader from http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php. We suggest downloading the .zip version. The different loaders correspond to the type of server your web host is on. If you are unsure, simply ask your web host and they will be able to tell you. Once you have downloaded the file, unzip it on your local computer. View the contents of the file you just unzipped and upload the file that corresponds to your PHP version. For example, if you are running PHP 5.2, you will need to upload ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so.
- Once the file has been uploaded, use the "Check Again" button on the installer, or refresh the page where you receive the IonCube error. If the error disappears, IonCube has been installed correctly. If the error persists, continue to step 3.
- Create a php.ini file and upload it to your phpMyDirectory folder. Edit the file, adding the following line, replacing "YOUR_PATH" with your web host path pointing to the file you uploaded in step 1.
- In order to make your newly created php.ini file work in all sub-folders you need to add the following line to your .htacces file. Replace "YOUR_PATH" with your server path to the php.ini file:
- Check to see if IonCube is working. If not, rename php.ini to php5.ini and edit your .htaccess file to rename "php.ini" to "php5.ini" and check again.